Our congratulations to Fr. John Berg and the following Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter priests on their election to the following positions:
- Fr. John Berg as Superior General for 6 years
- Fr. Patrick du Fay de Choisinet as Rector of the International Seminary of St. Peter in Wigratzbad for two years
- Fr. Josef Bisig as Rector of the International Seminary of Our Lady of Guadalupe (Denton, USA) for three years
- Fr. Vincent Ribeton as District Superior of France for three years
- Fr. Axel Maussen as Superior of the Germanophone District for three years
- Fr. Eric Flood as Superior of the North American District for three years
- Fr. Arnaud Evrat as General Secretary for three years
The General Chapter of the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter (FSSP), gathered from July 3 to July 18, 2012 at the International Seminary of Our Lady of Guadalupe, Denton, Nebraska, in plenary session elected Fr. John Berg as Superior General for 6 years. This election, at which the 33 capitulants were present, took place on July 9. The Pontifical Commission Ecclesia Dei was immediately informed and sent a congratulatory message. The election of the Assistants and Counselors will follow in the next days.
An American priest born in 1970, Fr. John Berg studied philosophy at St. Thomas Aquinas College (California, USA) and theology at the International Seminary of St. Peter in Wigratzbad (Bavaria, Germany). Fr. Berg holds a licentiate from the Pontifical University of the Holy Cross in Rome. Ordained a priest in 1997, Fr. Berg taught as a professor at the International Seminary of Our Lady of Guadalupe (Nebraska, USA) from 1999 to 2000. Afterwards he exercised his ministry from 2000 to 2005 at the FSSP parish in Sacramento (California, USA), before being appointed again as professor at Our Lady of Guadalupe Seminary. In 2006, the FSSP General Chapter elected him Superior General for a first term of office. The Chapter reelected him on 9 July 2012 for a second term of six years.